Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ice Cream Cake Pops

So stinkin cute!

One of my favorite blogs is a site called Bakerella. I tell you what, that girl can create! She comes up with the cutest ideas for cake pops and they are so much fun to make. My first attempt at cake pops didn't turn out so hot. I mixed in too much frosting and it turned into a gloppy mess. It was yuck.

For these, I just used a small amount of cake. I used the tops I had cut off of some other cakes I needed for layering and it worked out perfectly. All I did was crumble up the the cake and mix in cream cheese frosting until I could roll it into balls. Stuck them in the fridge overnight and put them on the cones and dipped them the next day.

I decorated almost exactly the way she did. The only difference is that I used a melted Hershey's bar for the chocolate syrup look, and for the cherry I used a pretzel m&m instead of a peanut m&m because it was more round like a cherry (: (yeah, I'm a little o.c.d. that way)

They are only a few inches tall so they are perfect for little guys, but even the big kids can't get over how much fun a teeny, tiny ice cream cone that doesn't melt can be. Janna's reaction was "Awww, they're sooo cute, do I get to have one??"
(please excuse my horrifying pictures. bad lighting, bad background, bad photographer. I know, I know... someone should take my camera away from me)

Cole couldn't get enough of them.

Awww. Look. He's sharing (: What a nice boy!
Anywho, I love the way they turned out and they were a blast to make. Y'all should check out Bakerella's blog and see what other amazing things she comes up with or if you want see her ice cream cones (which are way cuter than mine) and her instructions go here. Some of the other things of hers that I want to try are the Valentine gift box of red velvet cake balls and the mint oreo truffles for St.Patty's Day, oh yeah and her cheesecake pops. Yummm... this list could go on and on.

No comments: